Fly Drive: The last leg & General Update

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

I finally broke up from school last thursday, so summer has officially begun! I'm currently staying in the Lake District with some friends at the moment, so expect a post on that soon after I'm back.
This is the last travel journal post from the fly drive -



On our way to Cambria we stopped at St Lobos Point, which felt like a beautiful magical island, I could imagine mystical creatures living there.










A quick shot of the scenery from the car window, just before I took a nap. 


For lunch we stopped at a wonderful restaurant called Nepenthe as we were driving through Big Sur. It was my favourite restaurant we went to on the trip, and there was a lovely little phone box just outside so I couldn't resist taking a couple of outfit photos.


The dress my Mum made for me and the shoes are from Office. The flower earring is from eBay, and the other is from a little market in France. The restaurant had a great bohemian vibe and some of the tables were overlooking the water. I had the soup of the day, which was probably the best soup I've ever tasted - and I don't throw that phrase around lightly. There was even a little shop which was part of the restaurant called Phoenix where I bought a beautiful Frida Kahlo mirror.



The best soup you will ever lay eyes on. 


After arriving in Cambria that evening we took a walk along the beach and had an early dinner as all the restaurants and shops closed at 8.30 where we were staying, which meant an intense movie marathon that night. Our next day was spent in Santa Barbara but I didn't feel like taking any photos, and after a day in Santa Barbara we headed to our final destination - LA. On our first evening in LA we stopped off at the American Apparel Factory Warehouse, which had me extremely excited, and had dinner at 208 Rodeo.




Caesar salad ft. sweet potato fries *heaven* 


So thats the end of my trip! I hope you enjoyed the numerous posts documenting it. Here's a quick update from instagram on what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks:
@ambercallender

Bottom right to left: a cute cat I saw with Claire/ a sneak peak at one of the photos from the colours shoot I did recently / my cacti garden now overgrown / a double rainbow at my friend's birthday bbq / empty station on my way home after the bbq
Top right to left: the rooftop cinema on the first night of summer / a snap of Mads & I from that night / behind the scenes from a shoot in Brighton I did on friday / aesthetics / a pretty bubble which landed on the pebbles during the shoot 

8 comments

  1. Beautiful photos!!
    xo

    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are stunning as always! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty photos and all the food looks sooooo good x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous!

    LT x

    http://kind-regards-c.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete