Fabric Shopping in Brighton

Monday, 21 July 2014

A couple of weeks ago I went down to Brighton with my Mum and Grandma to do a bit of fabric shopping - they have a couple of really great fabric shops there. Once we arrived we headed over to a lovely tea room called Blackbird for tea and scones. Along the way I found a lovely old book shop where I managed to pick up a few books for only £3, as you can guess I was feeling extremely satisfied.





After refeuling ourselves with tea we made our first stop at New Fabric Fair which is literally teeming with material, being inside is like entering Aladdin's cave. I picked up some lovely wollen material there for a dress which my Grandma is going to make me, as I am yet to hone my sewing skills. Our next stop was Ditto Fabrics where I bought some lovely yellow fabric, and my favourite of them all - some elephant print fabric which I was so excited to find.





Late afternoon we took a stroll along the beach. I wore a dress which I bought from Beyond Retro last summer and boots from Doc Marten. The backpack is from Topshop.




The matching earrings and bracelet used to belong to my Mum.


The money shot of the day.
A book I bought for 50p from the old book shop + henna done by my friend Nidhi.

14 comments

  1. Lovely post! That elephant fabric is so cute. I really want to visit that fabric store now. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love Brighton. It's where I live when I'm at uni. I've walked past New Fabric Fair so many times but never been in. It looks like you got some great fabrics so maybe I should

    Aida

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a visit!

      Delete
  3. I love Brighton!! and omg I've had an afternoon tea in Blackbird too! It's so lovely!! I love your new layout by the way :) <3

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! I love your dress so much! Its completely gorgeous!! That elephant fabric is pretty too!
    Your new layout is lovely as well! <3

    http://broniasbubble.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is so lovely Amber! Brighton looks super cute x
    where-is-frank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is beautiful! Love all the fabrics <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post. You have delightful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post?! Was in Brighton the other day and genuinely made me want to live there. Definitely an adventure we could embark on? Couple weeks next summer? Miss you bubs x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete