The Room Diaries: Claire - Part 1 & February Inspiration

Saturday, 8 February 2014

After watching several room tours I decided to create a mini web series of sorts called 'The Room Diaries.' You can learn so much about a person from their room and I think it's always so interesting to have a little insight into people's lives. For the first episode I interviewed my friend Claire on her room, which is just so great - I've split Claire's episode into two parts as each video will only be a few minutes long. All the videos have been shot in the style of a home movie, and I should hopefully be relasing a new addition to the series every few weeks. 

                  

I thought I would show you a few of the aesthetics I've been into at the moment and current inspiration.

Photo I took last summer in Cornwall



Another from Cornwall

An outtake from the Cemetery Shoot

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

The Royal Tenenbaums: 2001

A few badly scanned journal pages:

Top Left - winter playlist / Top Right - dodgy acrylic painting 
Bottom Left - poem on freedom of speech / Bottom Right - scrapbooking




I've been ill for the past couple of days so haven't really left the apartment, which has been kind of nice actually as the weather outside looks pretty horrendous. I've enjoyed just hiding inside beneath dozens of blankets. Sadly I have my mock exams next week which I am totally unprepared for, but luckily the week after will be half term, so hopefully that thought will help me power through the week ahead.

26 comments

  1. Beautiful video bubby, so proud to call you my best fwend x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal is perfect and love the video! her room is so cool. <3 ox

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with your journal and inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video and can't wait for the next! Your journal is awesome too. xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do people know people with such great bedrooms? I'm so jelly. My friends and I have all bonded over our uniform parents that want everything in their houses to stay the same. And I love your journals.
    x
    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your journal pages! get well soon girl x

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
    love reading your blog, It's very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

    FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Feb inspiration picks especially the Cornwall photos, looks so idyllic! Your room has loads of personality :)

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you take such lovely pictures, cornwall looks so cozy! and that cemetary shoot outtake looked so feminine, are you going to share the rest? i'm super curious to see :) and i hope you're feeling better- though being sick when the weather sucks isn't THE worst thing ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah I posted the photo's from the shoot a while back, you can view them here -

      http://cultkid.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/cemetery-gates-part-1.html

      <3

      Delete
  10. Loved the video. She has s many random things all over her room and I love the pictures she drew on the wall. Can't wait to see the next room tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah her illustrations are fab :)

      Delete
  11. This is such an amazing idea!! I really really really loved her room! She's a collector, just like me :) I got thousands of little boxes filled with adorable things as well! I can't wait for the second part. MORE MORE MORE!
    And wow! How amazing is your blog?!?! You got a new fan over here :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures, love the journal pages too, very creative.

    ReplyDelete